Of course, we know that my favorite super hero is Batman. So
you would think that I would love to put myself in Gotham and push Robin away
so I could fight crime alongside the “Dark Knight.” Actually, I would not want
to even touch the Batman storyline because it means so much to me. Instead, I
would rather put myself into the world of X-Men. Batman and X-Men constantly
compete between my favorite childhood cartoons/comics. But the idea of being a
part of the X-Men sounds so appealing to me. I would put myself amongst the
X-Men to help stress and unite any disunion between the group. As we should
know, the story of the X-Men revolves around the idea of the mutants being
different. Mutants are being mistreated and are not given the same rights or
respect humans receive. For the X-Men, they are trying to show the world that
being different is good and they want to use their abilities to help keep the
world safe from evil. However, some humans don’t see that and still treat them
like dirt. Wolverine sometimes lets the angry get to him when the humans
continue to mistreat them even though they are sacrificing so much to protect
the world. I would put myself amongst the X-Men to try and deviate the angry
into good. In several of the conflicts, we have seen the some X-Men go rogue
and go against the morals of the group. I would try to keep those potential
loose ends from lashing out. I find myself doing that now in real life, so why
not do it in one of my favorite comics! I would probably have the same powers
as Nightcrawler combined with Colossus’ metal skin. Who wouldn’t want to poof
out and into places like that!
Now looking back at a time when I experienced nostalgia would
be the time when my sister asked me if I have ever heard of Pokémon. My sister
just turned eleven a few days ago, but she asked me this when she was about
eight. My initial reaction was utter shock because she was talking to one of
the many kids who experienced the first 150 Pokémon. I grew up on playing Pokémon
games and collection cards! I had a birthday revolved around everything Pokémon!
But when she asked me, I thought back to those times when I would bring my Gameboy
and the battle cable to my sitter’s house and everyone would battle their Pokémon
together. We traded, helped each other catch the one Pokémon they wanted; we
did all of it. Those were the times of my life, where I didn’t have to worry
about if my Fraternity was going to pay the bills on time or how much my next
paycheck would be. All I had to do was play video games, eat, and sleep!
Although the times were more relaxing then, I did not have the freedom I have
today so I really cannot complain.
I think we have all experienced a younger person asking us something we now everything about. I always like to hear about people's reaction to those questions. They are very funny. I know what you mean about not wanting to touch something that means so much to you. I once had an assignment where we had to incorporate song lyrics. I didn't chose my favorite song because I didn't want to ruin it. So going to another storyline that is the same was a good idea. I'm so concerned with remebering what heroes are Marvel and DC I rarely see the similarities. Nice.
ReplyDelete