Sunday, February 3, 2013

Reflection 3


Since this is an open topic reflections, I figured I would bring up the subject of the difference between the worlds of Marvel and D.C. Something that I love about Marvel is the ability to reflect with the cities or worlds that the superheroes’ live in. For those readers who are like me, reflecting with a role model because they are relatable wins me over any day. To look at a superhero and say, "Hey, I can be just like him," was something that I loved to do. I grew up running around the house preaching Batman, which I understand isn't Marvel, but still the fact that it was realistic to the point where these were just your ordinary people with extraordinary human talents. Whether they were completely insane or incredibly rich, these superheroes and villains are just like you or me. Overall, the idea of reflecting with a superhero helps me realize that I can be all that I want to be, as long as a try.

Also, I would like to reflect on Chopra’s Law of Power chapter in which he poses two questions that we ask ourselves to truly understand who we really are. They are “who are you,” and “what do you want?” By answering these two questions, one can truly understand who they really are and the role the play in society. For me, I look at myself and I can respond to the first question with several answers. But I know one answer that sums up who I am in just a few words; I am a leader who not only leads, but follows by example. To answer the second question, I want to leave my position in any organization present, or in the future, knowing that I have created a better image and reputation for that organization. For example, in Phi Delta Theta, I want to leave my fraternity better than it was transmitted to me. By leading by example, I can show my fellow brothers the way to reaching that goal and I can follow those who step up to the challenge to help in the process. I enjoy the way that Chopra integrates spirituality in his writing and connecting it with the world of superheroes. I especially enjoy this book because it appeals to those who may not be religious, but are in fact connected with their spirituality.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way that you talk about the Marvel hero's being more relatable. I agree that the hero's were normal people, but just with extraordinary abilities. As we've talked about in class, the way a hero relates to us is a big part of how enjoyable to read about or watch. I personally like DC heroes better because of how they relate to us. They may be super people, but they are brought down to our level by there experiences and problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be DC all the way, but I really, really like Marvel better as a whole universe. I agree, it's much easier to relate to them. They're not perfect, like Superman, which makes the storyline much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete