Friday, February 15, 2013

Reflection 5: The Great Phil Buckwinkler



I really do not let people get close to me much these days for various reasons. Only a few, besides my family, really get to that “level.” My girlfriend is one, but also my best friend and little brother in my fraternity Phil Buckwinkler are the few lucky people I consider my close friends. Honestly, I am really the lucky one to have them. I usually tell people how important they are every once in a while, but the true people that deserve it are Phil and Erin. They do truly mean a lot to me and they are always the two people I turn to when I need help or need advice. Since Erin is my girlfriend and is off limits, I obviously picked Phil.
To everyone who does not know Phil, he Is honestly the most caring person I have met at my age. He is an only child, but he does not act like a spoiled brat. He will always go out of his way to do things for his close friends. He can be stubborn at times, much like me, but he does a lot for people and I feel like they truly do not really notice it. He deserves a huge thank you and shout out, so this is one for him. Phil came into my life just last year during my second pledge class for Phi Delt as our New Member Educator. Right off the bat, I knew this kid was going to be an amazing asset to Phi Delt. But, I saw it deeper than that. I got to know Phil more and more each day, and I started to realize that we must be long lost brothers, separated at birth. I had finally met someone who was exactly like me, thought like me, acted like me; it was a miracle. I am the eldest in my family of 5, and I have two younger sisters. I never got the experience of what it is like to have a little brother, even after I joined a fraternity where I gained forty plus brothers. Phil was that little brother I was looking for. I took him under my arms as my little in the fraternity and we have been best friends ever since. I would do anything for Phil, as he would for me. Being an only child, I feel like I get to be that big brother that can boss him around, mess with him, but in the end still care for him through thick and thin.
I could not be more proud of Phil. Becoming the President of anything requires motivation and commitment to the cause. Having a VP who is your little brother, your right hand man, really helps ease the stress and anxiety of all the responsibilities that come with being a leader. I am honored to have such a supportive little brother and I will never feel like I am alone when I deal with problems that may occur in my term of office or down the road of life. Phillip Buckwinkler is my best friend, my little brother, and my right hand guy. He will forever be important to me, and I hope he knows that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment